Sunday, May 20, 2018

Hooray for Hannah, Our Airegirl!

Today is National Rescue Dog Day so we're celebrating Hannah today.


Hannah came to us as a foster girl nearly 10 years ago.  (The fostering was a fail:  we adopted her instead of finding her another home.)  She was 2 years and a few months old.  She'd been kept outside, chained to a dog house with her brother.  She was afraid of paper, the TV, the click of computer keys, doors, everything -- it all frightened her.  As far as we could tell she'd never been inside a house and maybe she'd never know the attention of a human being.

She wasn't house trained so I was a little uneasy about our oak floors.  She chose a room off the kitchen as her safe room.  I put plastic under the rug, blankets on top of the rug, brought my pillow and spent the night on the floor with her.  From then on I was her best and favorite human.  And it didn't take long to house train her.

It's an awesome thing to adopt a rescue dog with so many problems and fears.  It's equally awesome to watch her become comfortable with many of the things she feared and to see her learn and grow.

We love you, Hannah, you sweet girl, and we're so glad we adopted you.

--Nancy.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks you, Bob. She really is a treasure and enjoy her immensely.

      Delete
  2. You have the best home ever, Hannah, and we are so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooooHoooo! You sure did luck out in the Furever Home department gurl!!!! Hey, can I come stay with you for a while...sounds like your Moms doesn't put the flashy beast in your face like mine does! BOL!!! Gives your Moms lots of slobbery kisses from me, k?
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ruby, I think I did get a good forever home. I love my home and my mum and pop and they love me to bits.

      Delete

Thanks for coming to visit us. We hope you'll come back soon.