Saturday, June 8, 2019

"Ouch! That Hurt!"

On occasional evenings I sat at the computer working on family history or writing a blog post or a letter and Hannah would come stand at my side for a minute.   I was focused on what I was doing and was just barely aware of her.


Then suddenly she raised her huge paw and slapped it down across my arm.  My response was usually, "Ouch!  That hurt!  Don't do that again!"  I gave her a pet and a hug, then went back to typing. 

If you love or are loved by an Airedale, you probably know what happened next. 

She gave me a big paw slap again!  My response was the same the second time, except I usually added, "Hannah, if you can give me just five more minutes to finish this, I can spend time with you."  And I went back to typing.

Once again, a big paw slap!  "Okay, Hannah, let's go do something together."  And off we went.  She was happy to have my attention.

What I would give for a big paw slap as I sit here typing this post!  Dear, dear Hannah.

--Nancy.
,

4 comments:

  1. They don't take no for an answer, do they. Hugs to you, Nancy♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Airedales can be so insistent. The only no in their vocabulary is when they say it. Thank you, Molly and your mom.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is SO Airedaleness! I do that to Ma too ~ butts I mostly do it when she has somethings FABulous to eat, and she isn't givin' me any (which is WAY too often btw....)!
    Knows we are thinkin' of you, and sendin' lots and lots of AireZens and {{{hugs}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Ruby, your mom is probably thinking of your well-being and keeping you safe and healthy. Thank you for the hugs and AireZens.

      Delete

Thanks for coming to visit us. We hope you'll come back soon.